Saturday, May 14, 2005

Finding The Perfect Quote

I'm having a helluva time finding a quote for Sammy's challenge. I thought I had the perfect one in Lawrence Durrell's Justine but when I found it again I discovered that while it was indeed appropriate for how my life was when I was reading the book (in Egypt, incidentally), a lot has happened since to change my attitudes, opinions and actions. Also, the wording is simply over-the-top maudlin.

The only book that I've really enjoyed lately has been Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World. But since I haven't taken over the world yet, it hardly seems appropriate to try to find something of myself in there.

I've connected with some other characters from novels, but the situations are much too complicated to fit in a single quote. And most often the characters are male. I dunno if this should worry me or not.

I shall keep looking though.

1 Comments:

At May 14, 2005 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't use a mere single quote for mine, though they were all from the same book and about the same person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home