Monday, May 09, 2005

What Does It All Mean?!?

Okay, so the whole last week people have been finding me.

Last Thursday out of the blue I got two emails within an hour of each other from two very different people I met on eHarmony that I hadn't heard from since January. One of them was very nice and I just went through a slacking phase and wasn't really replying to email and we lost touch. The other I can't for the life of me remember. Well, I remember writing the email he was replying to (after 4 months), but I can't remember a thing about him.

Then, yesterday I got email from both Joern and Christine, whom I knew in Yemen. Joern I had heard from a couple months ago, but Christine and I hadn't emailed since last Fall.

And finally, about an hour ago I got a call from Justin who was a friend of mine in middle school. We used to talk a couple times a year, but then I moved and he moved and I had no idea where to find him. I thought I'd probably never hear from him again, but poof, here he is.

And he wants to go to Egypt, which as you all know isn't my favorite of places on the planet. I tried to convince him that the Pyramids are really just big piles of rocks surrounded by sandy camel turds, but he clings to his romantic notion that they're somehow really much more than that. Silly boy.

Oooh! And the creepy one I keep trying to forget about. There's this fundamentalist Christian girl I met in Italy at least 2 years ago who has started sending me Christian literature. I dunno why she's put me on her list. We only met for about as long as it takes to have lunch, coffee and a stroll, and it was over 2 years ago. She was traveling with an acquaintance of mine and their school group stopped in Siena for an afternoon so I showed them around. Nothing more. I didn't ask to be saved. I didn't even know she was Christian. Gah! It's like high school all over again...

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what all of these blasts from the past mean, and why they're all happening here at once. Perhaps it means I am overdue for a runaway scream. We shall see.

5 Comments:

At May 09, 2005 6:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it means that you are meant to hump all of them.

 
At May 10, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eh. Fundamentalist Christians tend to send you stuff.

As for the other stuff, don't try to find meaning in it. Even if there is something, its probably something you'll find out sooner or later if its important.

At least, thats how I rationalize out of contemplating things.

 
At May 10, 2005 7:53 AM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I'm weirded out by the timing mostly. And why couldn't they have sent stuff last week when I was all mopey?

 
At May 10, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry you were mopey. I could have sent you stuff. Granted, it probably wouldn't have been fundie stuff, but it might have been pie.

As for the reappearing formerly lost people, maybe they were all on an island for ages and couldn't get good wireless service.

 
At May 11, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

tell me that's you making a weebl and bob reference...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home