Friday, May 06, 2005

Buggery, It's All Buggery I Tell You

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out my schedule for next Fall. Hence I'm quite annoyed.

Of course, as I'm classified as a Sophomore*/Plebian/Unworthy Wench, I had the last possible registration date, so more or less none of the classes I had planned on attending have any space left. For some reason they've discontinued the mandatory-for-graduation Hospitality Career Management class, which is reportedly just an obnoxiously time consuming extended resume writing session where everyone gets together and sings kumbaya** while listing their vocational attributes. Anyway, now I have to take the Food Service Management section which I'm sure will piss someone off. They can kiss my ass.

So, it appears I'm going to have just a fantabulous term. With the Career Management Class, Intro to Hospitality, Hospitality Sales and Meeting Management, Economics, Environmental Science, and Sociology all in the mix, there should absolutely nothing left of my sanity by late November.

I do take some responsibility for this as my goals focus entirely on graduating before I turn 26. But, if my school allowed more transfer credits I wouldn't find myself in this kind of a mess. Fuckers.

And they charge up the ass for classes here and we don't learn anything. Honestly I could probably get a better education just by spending a week in a hotel lobby reading the National Enquirer, but that doesn't grant a person that stupid little piece of paper. What's the big deal about a stoopid diploma? When I get mine I would like to wipe my ass with it, but then it wouldn't look so nice framed above my desk and that is all that those things are good for as far as I can tell.

I should probably stop this line of thinking as it was one of those things that prompted me to run away screaming the first time around...

So yeah, have a nice day, and for everyone besides Beaky, be glad that you don't go to my school.

*Or, as one of my professors is fond of saying***, "softmores"

**No, I have no idea what the correct spelling for that word is

***She also doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're"

6 Comments:

At May 08, 2005 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Umm, I don't really want to bugger you. I'm a nice guy.

 
At May 09, 2005 9:24 AM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I was going to say something about not minding buggery, but that is probably more information than anyone wanted to know.

Yeah... So school scheduling still sucks my ass. And I want to run away screaming.

 
At May 09, 2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll get the lube.

 
At May 09, 2005 5:03 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Running away screaming requires no lube as far as I know...

 
At May 09, 2005 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Everything is more fun with lube.

 
At May 09, 2005 7:11 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

That is debateable...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home