Saturday, April 30, 2005

I Guess This Is Growing Up

"The timing and structure, did you hear he fucked her"

Although in this situation it would be more appropriate to say, "Did you hear he didn’t fuck her"

Who did that song anyway? What knowledge I had of 90’s pop culture is quickly fading.

So yeah, didn’t get laid. I probably could have, but I’ve got a second date instead. Dunno if I really want one though. We shall see.

Also, I’m hungover. Yet I’m still convinced that neither of us drank enough. Which is my usual sentiment for any drinking situation I can walk (or drive) away from. *Sigh* I miss the carefree falling-down drunk days of Yemen and Italy...

When did I reach a level of maturity where I knew one-night stands and drinking until I pass out weren’t emotionally fulfilling?

Okay, so I knew it wasn’t emotionally fulfilling before, but I didn’t care because it was fun. I don’t want to be a grown up. I don’t like this new-found un-fun self-control.

I’m going to go pout in a corner now. At least until my head stops hurting. Or I manage to recapture some immaturity.

5 Comments:

At April 30, 2005 10:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Blink 182's "I guess this is growing up" I fucking love that song. Blink 182 was soo good before they started sucking

No pouting allowed! You're only young once but you can be immature forever, and guess what? You can be both! So go get laid or else I'm coming down there...

 
At April 30, 2005 2:22 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

LOL, Attack of the EsotericWombat. I think that could be a sitcom of feature film somewhere...

I took a nap (and Steve made me the happiest Kate on the planet) so I'm not pouty anymore.

Still not laid, though. Which is really okay. I mean it would be a bad thing to get involved with someone who is strikingly similar to my ex (except even a few years older - he graduated from college in '78), so it's best that it didn't happen.

 
At April 30, 2005 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah. They'll make the movie without getting likeness rights from me (or indeed letting me audition) and I'll have to travel to Hollywood to fuck things up Jay and Silent Bob style... except without a quiet one... and with a Wombat instead of a chimp. Also, while I will end up making it with Shannon Dorhety, she won't have to go to prison for 5 years beforehand.

Okay so I'd need the Infinite Improbability Generator to pull that off, but whatever. A guy can dream, right?

Glad to hear that you're not pouting anymore. I'm sure that a Sad Kate Sulk is as depressing as a Happy Kate Dance is endearing.

 
At May 01, 2005 10:37 AM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Infinite Improbability Generators can be arranged...

I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy yesterday with Beaky and 2 of her friends. The other two didn't like the film, indeed they said it was nonsensical and stupid. I wanted to smack them and run away screaming. But one must use some self-restraint when celebrating someone else's birthday.

Have you ever seen the Query Letters Blog? It's quite lovely.
http://queryletters.blogspot.com

Also, a Sad Kate Sulk is more dangerous than it sounds as I like to throw things.

Fortunately I do tend to avoid throwing sharp or pointy things. Unfortunately, I have a fondness for throwing cellphones. They make such lovely crunching sounds when they collide with walls.

 
At May 01, 2005 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh the joyful sound of crunching cellphones. Is there anything better? Who would possibly want to get laid when you could spend your time crunching cellphones?

I'm very glad I was able to make you the happiest Kate on the planet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home