Sunday, April 17, 2005

SuperKate's Answer To The Gauntlet

I remember the last time I woke up in a Mexican Border Jail. The night before I’d had an appointment with Jose. Halfway through the bottle I had a Taco Bell craving. Running for the border was suddenly the only thing I could think of.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Jose is convincing like that. What Jose failed to warn me about, however, was the barbed wire. I had no idea that barbed wire could stick so deeply into one’s flesh. I should probably also mention that I was naked.

Fortunately, I was found by the Border Patrol before I could tear myself to pieces in a drunken panic. They had to cut it out of me with rusty scissors, which didn't hurt as much as you would think.

100 words, woohooo!

3 Comments:

At April 17, 2005 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am honored by your wonderful story. And I admire you for running across the border naked.

 
At April 17, 2005 7:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

aye, tis a brave act. That being said, when running from the border patrol naked, you've more than barbed wire to worry about. You don't want to run naked from those dogs...

also, if you cross the border naked, how can you smuggle contraband?

 
At April 17, 2005 7:08 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Darling, that's what orifices are for. Although it does sort of limit the size of the contraband that can be smuggled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home