Saturday, May 14, 2005

Why Has No One Shot Me Yet?

I keep asking you people to shoot me. Why haven't you? It's really a very simple thing, only takes a second.

Anyway, why, you may be asking, does SuperKate want to be shot (again) this evening?

Well, I'll tell you why. I cannot meet sane, rational, normal people* to save my life.

I just spent 4 hours of my life at yet another Italian meetup group. Completely different people. I got hit on by a very large very white man (glow in the dark skin, white hair, coulda been albino but I don't think so) who kept going on and on about how his Ukrainian ex-wife ran off on him and broke his heart 6 years ago. She only married him for citizenship and stole all of his money, but he's not bitter, at least if you ask him. But you don't even really need to ask him because he'll tell you, over and over.

And then there was the host of the evening. He was lovely and charming and from somewhere in Italy (I kept getting interrupted whenever I tried to ask). His children are all younger than I am, which is a nice change, but I still found it a bit unnerving when he kept feeling my bra strap. His ex is also taking him for all he's worth.

So, in an attempt to avoid those two I thought it would be safe to sit and talk to the nice lady from Costa Rica. It wasn't. I'd tell you more, but I don't want to be blown up. Shot yes, blown up no.

Anyway, I'm invited back tomorrow night for the "grammar session". I don't know if I really care enough about Italian anymore to bother going. It might all be a little too much for my fragile brain to handle**. I might go if I can convince Travelin' Man to go as well, but I don't know if I want to open that can of worms. We're already supposed to meet up on Monday night. 2 days in a row might be overkill. And I don't know if I could ever REALLY date him. I mean, his girlfriend's name is Nancy***. How could I respect someone who shares their life with someone named Nancy?

*I like Beaky anyway

**I have to go to *gulp* church tomorrow as my speech teacher requires us to see someone doing public speaking and then critique it

***Yeah yeah, I shouldn't date him just based on the fact that he's in a long-term committed relationship to someone else, but really her name gets to me more than anything else

8 Comments:

At May 15, 2005 1:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not shooting you because we have to meet in June. Anyways, wouldn't it be more productive to shoot the people who are causing you to ask us to shoot you?

Just looking out for your best interests here

 
At May 15, 2005 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's possible you may burst into flames upon entering a church. You might find it hard to critique someone's public speaking if you are on fire.

 
At May 15, 2005 4:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm amazed at my ability to enter and exit churches without combustion. I stay away from the holy water though, just to be safe

 
At May 15, 2005 7:26 AM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

Just passing through, thought I’d leave my mark here…..Bradsblog

 
At May 15, 2005 9:27 AM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I am still waiting for you to shoot me in the foot with your spleen gun my darling Beaky. Although one must question where you are getting your supply of spleens.

Essy - If we shot everyone who annoyed me the species would come perilously close to extinction. It would save bullets and a lot of cleanup just to shoot me.

Steve - It shall be interesting to see if I do in fact burst into flames. The last time I was in a chuch was in Malaysia. I didn't burst into flames, but my head nearly did explode with annoyance and boredom.

BradsBlog - Who are you? Why are you here?

 
At May 15, 2005 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, but can't we just kill them off untill you stop asking us to off you?

 
At May 15, 2005 7:06 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

If you feel you are willing to risk prison on my behalf, feel free. I won't stop you. ;0)

 
At May 17, 2005 3:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, but I can't shoot you cuz I haven't had the pleasure of being under you yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home