Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No Relation

So, tomorrow Chipper and I are supposed to go see Jarhead. I was looking at the cast and was nearly alarmed to see my name* on the list. With such interesting titles as "Girlplay," "The Story of O: Untold Pleasures," and "The Ganja Express," I think perhaps I have more than met my match when it comes to scandalous behavior.

I like this girl much better than the other woman who shares my name, though. If Ms. Randolph continues on her current career path they might have the opportunity to meet. The other woman is an obstetrician who specializes in researching post-partum depression. She publishes a lot and is very boring.

So, it seems that whenever you share any part of a name with me you will necessarily have a career that involves some aspect of sex. I wonder where this leaves me...

*Well, not my whole** name, but the major part of it

**My mother stopped bragging about being a Randolph when the whole Thomas Jefferson slave love scandal broke

3 Comments:

At November 23, 2005 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you think that's bad? I have the most anonymous name in the US. Do you have any idea how many mikes there are, particularly with my last name? Enough so that, my freshman year, I got 2 parking tickest on my record that didn't belong to me.

 
At November 24, 2005 4:06 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Heh, well, at least you've got variety going for you. My issue it that those who share similarities to my name all seem to be involved in sex work. Perhaps I should just succumb to my destiny and open a brothel instead of resisting...

 
At November 24, 2005 6:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I also have the same name as a really horrid 70's country/pop singer who should have been strangled with his own mandolin strap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home