Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Respectfully Request To Be Shot In The Ears

While I normally find it gratifying to know there is someone scrubbing the floor above my head* on their hands and knees, this morning I found it to be quite annoying. Not only did she come 6 days and 3 hours later than she was supposed to, she also felt it necessary to blast country music for the entire time she was there. I'm not talking about normal, nearly mainstream country music**. It was the gut-bucket, out-of-tune harmonica, poorly crooned garbage my nightmares are made of. For 3 hours. At least she had the good sense not to sing along. Well, not that I could hear anyway. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't complain.

*I sleep in the basement because the rest of the house is too damn hot, regardless of the temperature outside

**In weak moments I have been known to appreciate cheesey love songs with a twang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home