Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Oh, Marmeduke...

Against my better judgment (and mostly because I was bored), I wrote back to Marmeduke. It's amazing, not even two letters in and he's already trying to guilt trip me into getting him a US visa. Which won't work, and not just because I have no idea how to go about such things. A visa to Yemen, sure, I know how to arrange that (or at least I know who to call), a visa to Italy, no problem if you like bureaucracy and standing in long lines (although it's much more fun to live there illegally), or even a visa to Eritrea can be arranged (they've got camels on them). But the US? Nope, not a chance. Never having needed a US visa, I wouldn't even know where to begin. Dear Marmeduke doesn't understand this though. And worse, refuses to believe it.

Here is his latest literary masterpiece:

hi : kate
how are you ? for long time i didn't hear such kind of information.allways you have some where to visit
[*] .what about your french course[**] .it's seems that you realy lucky .either having the possibilities to travel anytime and everywhere you like . for me up to this moment i didn't get who will hlep me to get the american visa. for that reason i don't have much confidece even over you .how long that will be easy for you to me visa from there ? is that one diffecult? no is not.
thank


*In my response to his first letter I said I was thinking about going to Kyrgyzstan in August, provided things have calmed down over there a bit

**I was in a French class earlier in the year, it renewed my hatred of that horrid, horrid language so now I'm studying Russian again.

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2005 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Would you care to go to East Africa and help me hunt down and kill a woman who stole several thousand dollars from me? Then we can swing over and castrate Marmaduke. Then, just for fun, we can climb to the top of the Great Pyramid and have a peeing contest (distance and amount)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home