Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Gripes About My School

I'm quite thoroughly annoyed with my university. I think the Rhode Island housing department is staffed by antisocial morons. How difficult is it to send out an email to someone to let them know you've received their housing application? How difficult is it to send out an email that says "Sorry, we don't have single rooms in the summer hall?" For a school that spends quite a lot of curricular time on customer service, their employees are really quite appalling. And the people at the front desk are either horribly underinformed about useful things like the location of the nearest printer, or so rude one has to fight the urge to jump over the front desk and shove one's ID card down their slimy little putrid acid spewing throats.

Which leads me to another rant. Why do I have to get a new ID card for this campus? If I do that I'll have to get another new ID card when I go back to Denver. And they'll charge me for all of them. Fuck that. I'm keeping the old one and not getting a new one. It's got my name and ID number on it. With the little barcode thingy. That's all they need. So they can go fuck themselves gently with a blowtorch while kissing my merry white ass. Or they could at least ask me nicely. I generally comply when asked nicely.

Which leads me to the fact that no, I will not attend a hall meeting when I am informed of such by someone banging loudly on my door and shouting at me that I'm late. Again, kiss my merry white ass. Inform me in a timely manner. Ask me nicely. And I might consider it. Otherwise I'll be conveniently busy doing nothing in my room and you can feel free to fuck off and die.

And, while I admit that the food here is better than at my last university/college/thingy/place in Durango, it is still not quite up to the level one would expect from a school that is best known for it's culinary program. I suppose that I can survive it for 2 months. Afterall, I survived my mother's attempts at cooking as a child (she made the school lunches seem like gourmet affairs), so I can probably survive anything. So long as it doesn't involve botulism.

I would also like to register a complaint about the airconditioning in the classroom I'm stuck in for nearly 6 hours a day (in a bizarre scheduling fluke my English class and hospitality accounting class are both in the same room, next term my classes are in the TACO center, yes TACO Center, I hope it is in acronym for something and not just the twisted joke of a bitter, hungry, man craving Mexican food). As anyone who knows me can tell you, I have no problem with cold weather, cool temperatures, and anything that has to do with non-sexual frigidity. But that classroom is fucking freezing. I have to wear a padded bra so as not to walk around with conspicuously (and painfully) pointy nipples. I mean seriously. I have to sit on my hands so my fingers don't freeze and fall off. Other people regularly turn blue and end up in the hospital with hypothermia. It's not conducive to learning.

That is all.

For now.

5 Comments:

At June 07, 2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I send you my biggest, best MikeyPoohBear hug and a warm sweatshirt that comes with superwarm nipple inserts.

Enjoy.

 
At June 07, 2005 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's good to purge. :)

 
At June 07, 2005 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't take any guff from those fucking swine. Just remember that you can always drop a line to the right people.

 
At June 07, 2005 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you want I should write your english papers? I know what teachers look for, other than cleavage.

 
At June 08, 2005 4:46 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I actually mostly* like writing my own papers. No one else can write things exactly the way I want them to be said. And where is the joy in that?

*The only exception to this is when I'm forced to write about horriby stupid toptics I'm not remotely interested in like the culinary history of sheep. Which I had to do in January.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home