Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Trees And Yachts

As I was flying into Providence I noticed quite a lot of foresty bits. They made the ground look all nice and comfy, like something a baby would like to rubs it's face on and then fall asleep. It made me smile. Not that we don't have trees and foresty bits in Colorado (as evidenced by our frequent summer forest fires), but ours aren't nearly so comfy looking and generally involve things like hills and mountains. Which invariably involve some form of hiking. And like I've said on many occasions, there are some things I just won't do.

Another thing I noticed from there air while flying over those big lakey things (whose names I've never bothered to learn) is that yacht people are pussies. Well, most of them anyway. If I had a boat I'd use it to run/float away screaming from all other forms of humanity (except the pool boy, but that is a whole other story entirely). To me that is sort of the point. But looking out over the lakey things I noticed that 99% of the boats were all clumped together like little masses of floating dog-poo.

I mean, why do that? Unless they're all exhibitionists having sex on the main deck so everyone else can watch I don't understand where the joy is. If you want to be around other people on your boat, invite them on. Go sailing together. Don't be clumpy. It's just stupid.

Perhaps I could understand it better if they were all miles out to sea, had just survived a massive storm, and hadn't talked to other people for the last several weeks. But these guys were all less than a mile out on the lake. It was a perfectly lovely day with no storms in sight. And if they hadn't spoken to anyone for weeks they'd have no one to blame but themselves.

2 Comments:

At June 07, 2005 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've only seen pictures of trees. Nebraska only has bushes and some really mean tall women.

 
At June 08, 2005 4:44 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

When I am bored in class, I like to look out the window at the large fluffy tree across the street. It makes me happy. And I temporarily forget that I am frozen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home