Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Oh, The Horror

DoubleDee and I were wandering aimlessly around "Downcity" Providence (where I come from this is called "downtown" but whatever) this afternoon. We ended up in the mall. It was spectacular and terrible all at the same time.

The Victoria's Secret store is across the hall from the Lindt chocolate store. How terrible and cruel could they be? And to make everything worse, both stores were having sales. I mean on one hand I was so entirely happy I could hardly contain myself. Two of my favorite things right there together, and cheap! But still. One store is designed to make your ass big, and the other is designed to make you feel bad when your ass is big.

And, as DoubleDee is looking for a job, she was picking up applications as we browsed. She picked one up for VS. I think she has no idea how potentially dangerous it is. I see myself becoming a bra-nazi of sorts. Demanding the latest Emma Collection (which I think they're about to discontinue if they haven't already), or Second Skin Satin delight... Ooooh, it'll be bad.

Of course she could always take the job at Pottery Barn Kids (really, who ever heard of such a thing?). Which would be good because then she could get discounts on all kinds of cool but not terribly useful things (like a tiny lamp shaped like a pink motorcycle).

Anyway, we're still* getting along quite nicely. She laughs** at all of my jokes and frequently tells me I'm the strangest person she's ever met. What more could I ask for?

*I should hope so as we met scarcely 24 hours ago, it would be very sad if we already hated each other

**Not just polite "this girl is crazy and I'm going to run away screaming very soon" laughter, but full out guffawing off her chair laughing, which I like quite a lot

4 Comments:

At June 08, 2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This mall setup could work if you do it right. You buy a piece of chocolate, eat it, then take two laps around the mall window shopping, then go into VS and get something in velvet.

This could work.

 
At June 09, 2005 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"as we met scarcely 24 hours ago, it would be very sad if we already hated each other."

I hated the new guy at work 5 minutes after I met him.

 
At June 09, 2005 8:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

There can be only one Beaky in the world, and I am sure DD is only a passing fancy.

And if not, you can replace SuperKate with me.

 
At June 09, 2005 7:28 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

MikeyPants: I like your idea. Although I have a bit of a problem with the "one piece of chocolate" bit. I have no self control. So I would end up just doing laps and never actually get into the VS store.

BeakyPants: You're my darling. No one could ever replace you. It's just nice to be civil/friendly with the person who sleeps across the room from me. That way I don't have to worry about being murdered in my sleep.

NickyPants: You're alive! How are you? Does work still suck? At least you don't have to share a bedroom with your co-worker. ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home