Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I No Speaky The Engrish

I've discovered lately that my English skills are rapidly diminishing. It's probably because I've been spending so much time with Boy and Mondo. I'm even beginning to think in accented, broken English. Seriously. Yesterday I caught myself thinking, "Now I must go. I didn't have shower since yesterday," in a Boris-and-Natasha kind of accent.

Last night I met a couple of Sicilians who were quite a lot of fun to talk to. Beppe reminded me of a man I used to know in Siena who was named Ado (short for "Adorando" which means "adoring" - I think his mother must have been on something). Thankfully, Beppe was quite a lot nicer than Ado, he doesn't have children older than I am, and he has all of his fingers.

Also, there is a mysterious wave of Davids re/appearing in my life. I dunno what it is. There is coffee shop/cafeteria/Mondo's friend David, Travelin' David (whom I met a couple years ago when I did a tour management course), and another one that I can't quite remember at the moment. I'm just waiting for that other David to show up again so I can run away screaming or just sit in a ball and suck my thumb in an attractively catatonic manner. Heh, that would be interesting.

Anyway, the countdown to Kyrgyzstan continues. And my most favorite wonderful Christine in all the world has booked us facials for when I'm in Denmark. Yay!

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2005 12:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you mean facials in the mud bath sense and not in the adult industry sense, cuz those are hard to book to an exact time.

 
At July 21, 2005 3:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Remember, always duck when the shot comes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home