Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hmmm...

I had a lovely conversation with Girl this morning. It turns out she is from one of my favorite countries on the planet, and I seem to be one of the only people around here who have ever heard of it, much less spent any time there. And we're both 24. And we're both set to graduate in the same thing at around the same time. So we have a truce. Or something.

And I'm not sure if she and Boy are together. She talked about Boy and she talked about Boyfriend. They weren't really used interchangeably but they weren't really not either.

Ambiguity kills me...

I figure she's either in love with him, or she's a really protective friend scoping out the potentials. We shall see, I suppose.

But again, at least the secret police shan't be involved.

11 Comments:

At July 09, 2005 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just have him, then throw him back.

 
At July 09, 2005 3:58 PM, Blogger junebee said...

So what ARE your favorite countries?

 
At July 09, 2005 4:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

She likes places where the boys have nipples.

 
At July 09, 2005 4:02 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I agree with Mike. Have your way with him and then mail him to me

 
At July 09, 2005 5:12 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Actually, I like most countries except Nepal. That is the only country to which I shall never return.

 
At July 09, 2005 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Also known as NipplelessNepalBoyLand

 
At July 09, 2005 8:01 PM, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

Just asking directly would be impolite? I don't know the protocol so forgive the question if the answer seems obvious.

P.S. Nepal is a dangerous place these days so can understand your reluctance! Although trekking in from the other side, via Tibet, ain't no picnic either.

 
At July 10, 2005 9:56 AM, Blogger SuperKate said...

The timing for asking a direct question has always been a bit off. I don't want to scare anyone away. Usually, I only get to such directness (without regard for tact) when I've completely lost patience with the situation. For now I'm content to ponder.

As for Nepal, everything went wrong (for me personally) when I was there. It left a bad taste in my mouth (and memories of foul stench in my nose).

Incidentally, about 6 months after I got out of there, one of the villages where I had been stranded ended up being involved in a bloodbath. Doesn't make me any more eager to go back...

 
At July 10, 2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Presley Bennett said...

It is really unfortunate about Nepal and I don't think events there are getting much coverage here in the West. Too bad because it is an interesting country and, of course, the best gateway to the Himalayas (forget, as I said before, Tibet and Kashmir is even worse).

 
At July 10, 2005 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully the ambiguity will clear itself up soon. Otherwise we might need to get the secret police involved.

 
At July 10, 2005 7:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wanna be secret police.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home