Thursday, July 07, 2005

My New Husband

The proposal was so romantic. I nearly cried.

We were sitting in the cafeteria. I was talking to my Taiwanese friend, Lydia (I don't know her Mandarin name), he was hitting on a Korean girl in an obnoxious and joking manner. Then he leaned across the table and said to me, "Will you marry me?" I nearly choked on my iced tea. He said, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me now. We wait a couple minutes."

I said, "Well, let's go have a cigarette then."

And I explained that marriage for a passport is not an unfamiliar concept in my world.

At dinner, by random coincidence* we arrived at the same time. I got my food, he got his, and then he scampered off. I found a seat with some other people we knew. He sat down and handed me a knife, fork, spoon, and napkins. I told him that was very sweet and I didn't think any boy had ever gotten me silverware before. He said he was just taking care of his future wife.

I collapsed in a puddle of giggles. Apparently people find this charming.

It's kind of funny. Everyone thinks we're sleeping together. But we're not. At least not yet. We shall see, I suppose.

*No, really

7 Comments:

At July 07, 2005 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As your supersecret not real boyfriend, I am jealous.

 
At July 07, 2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, Jillian posted on my blog. What should I do?

 
At July 08, 2005 3:32 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

You may want to consider inviting him to you room for some borscht and vodka.


Then explain to him that you need a no strings attached but lots of sex relationship as well as a supply of cavier in exchange for a marriage vow.

Ohm yeah, forward the cavier on to me.

 
At July 08, 2005 5:37 AM, Blogger junebee said...

Interesting to see where this goes...

 
At July 08, 2005 2:35 PM, Blogger Cooper said...

You will let us know if you sleep with him yes?
You will tell us if he is any good of course and maybe take pictures??????????

 
At July 08, 2005 3:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 08, 2005 4:30 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Alice, details shall be forthcoming as soon as they ar available. I am unable to keep my mouth shut about anything for long. We're going on the alcohol run sometime later this evening...

MikeyPants, you are not allowed to ask for naked pictures of other people on my blog. Ask them on their own blogs. Or I shall start deleting you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home