Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Social Kate? *Gasp Horror*

My apologies for not posting the last couple of days. I've been doing bizarre things like actually talking to people and going out and doing things. My roommate thinks I have multiple personalities or something. I rather think I just go through phases. Sometimes I like the hermit life, sometimes I like being around people (not to be confused with actually liking people - like hiking, there are some things I just won't do).

Anyway, Monday I ended up going out for drinks with DoubleDee, Boy, Mondo, and one of Mondo's friends. Then DoubleDee had to go study for a test (after booze is the best time to study), so we dropped her off and went to the $2 theater to catch a film. We ended up seeing Sin City, which I can appreciate from a graphic novel perspective. But as that isn't really on my top ten list of genres, I don't think I'll be seeing it again. Then we drove around the "bad" part of Providence in search of Mondo's friend's car (incidentally, she is also missing her bicycle).

I didn't go to my classes on Tuesday because I am a lazy bastard (well, we got home at 2 and I hadn't had a nap). DoubleDee and I watched a lot of day time TV. For this reason alone, I'm never skipping classes again.

After dinner, Mondo called me and we took a walk. We found a friend of hers who would loan us a couple of dogs so we went to a park to play with the puppies. They were being bad little furry creatures, so we took them back and ended up going over to the coffee shop. Then after playing a vigorous game of rugby, Boy joined us. We chattered for a bit, then Mondo fetched a chess board. The two of them started a heated game*. As I have never played chess before in my life I was quickly bored. Boy got mad when I kept rearranging Mondo's pieces that he had "killed." I sulked for a bit, but remained incredibly bored. Chain-smoking had even lost it's charm.

So I called just about everyone I know. Chipper wasn't answering, neither was Beaky. I left a message for Airn (we'll get to that conversation later). I even called DoubleDee back in the room. Finally, I found my darling Keiko who was willing to talk to me**. But, of course, just then everyone around me got very loud. It was very sad.

Then I got up and started talking to a random old guy named Jonathan who is a holistic counselor***. I also talked to Cinzia in Italian and told her my pompelmo/pompino story. In return she told me a story about her first time in England when she went into a McDonald's and ordered "fries and a large cock."

Anyway, after several hours Boy and Mondo finished their games (a great victory for Mother Russia or something), so we started walking home. That is when my Airn called me back. Boy and Mondo decided that mocking me while I talked was the best thing to do. As my attention was being torn in 2, I misunderstood several key things Airn was telling me. The most amusing was when she told me that Patrick**** had bought her some kind of vacillating thingy. What I heard was that he had bought her ass cream. My natural reaction was, "He did what with ass cream?" Mondo took what I said and became philosophical saying, "Hmmm, ass scream, would not that be a loud fart?"

Boy was being silly as well, so I kept thwacking him with a rolled up magazine. For some reason this upset him, so he started sulking. But it wasn't a real sulk; it was a ploy. He stole my magazine. Bad Boy, bad.

In a fit of insanity this morning, I decided I was going to skip my first class yet again (DoubleDee has class then so there was no danger of daytime TV). It wasn't meant to be. Mondo saw DoubleDee and asked where I was. DoubleDee told her. The next thing I know, there is someone loudly pounding on my door. Yep. Mondo wasn't about to let me sleep in. So I dragged myself off to class. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And actually, right now we're learning about payroll stuff which is the professor's favorite subject so it's amusing (latest bit of wisdom from my accounting professor: If you have a problem, go to Helen Waite) . Then in my econ class we had a quiz. Somehow I managed to be the first one done and had all of the answers correct. The prof was moderately astounded (considering I hadn't been in the class when the quiz chapter was discussed) and told me I was smart. My ego likes things like that, so I've stopped hating the class (at least this week).

Anyway, while I was in class, Mondo called me 3 times*****. After I had lunch with Girl (we've become good friends and I've learned to stop assuming things), I met up with Mondo and ended up going back over to the coffee shop. After chattering for a couple of hours we headed back towards home. Boy called Mondo to see what she was up to, and failed to understand that I was with Mondo, because right after talking to her he called me. We all started giggling. He was hungry so I met him for dinner (Mondo went off with another of her friends). Then we had hazelnut cappuccino slushies with Girl and talked about all kinds of things.

Now, I'm here. And I want a nap. But first I want a shower.

*What else could it have been with a Russian playing an Afghan?

**We're going to meet up when I get home so she can meet my puppies

***Apparently he also takes naked pictures of 14 year olds, but that is an unconfirmed rumor

****Yep, they're back together

*****She's direct enough that I know she's not hitting on me, it's just strange to me that someone would want to talk to me that much after only knowing me for 3 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home