Tuesday, January 24, 2006

More Running Away Screaming

They call themselves "Campus Crusaders".

I call them "Attak of the Fundies".

I was meeting with one of my marketing plan group members last night (I can't recall his name - names like Brandon and Mike were tossed around, but I think they were in reference to the other group members who weren't there), and I was let in on the "secret" that he looooooooooooooves Jesus. I have been invited to get in on the loving as well. Because apparently Jesus loves us all back. Isn't that sweet?

Anyway, I'm thinking about attending just so I have some blogging material (my life has been quite boring lately so I don't really have anything to write about). Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Jesus was a great guy, and I beleive in some kind of god*, it's just loosely defined and doesn't involve "witnessing", swaying with my hand in the air, or playing with snakes. I also find it quite fun to make fun of Christians in such a way that they do not know they are being teased.

Perhaps that makes me petty and mean. I don't really care.

I have to go back to class.

Fuck it all.

*If I didn't beleive in something, I would have shot myself repeatedly in the spleen long ago**

**Life is much too annoying to simply hang on because the biological processes say we should

3 Comments:

At January 24, 2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of my students (that I know of) is like that. We kept talking about stuff in class, and he keeps bringing up Jesus. I refuse to let him hijack my class for that.

 
At January 24, 2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I'll go with you, I might be fun to outrage Falwell and Friends

 
At January 25, 2006 2:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wanna play with the fundies too. Maybe I should come out and move in with one of you two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home