Friday, April 01, 2005

Durrrrr!

I don't understand why people think they're so cute when they come up with their clever little April Fool's jokes. I woke up this morning to my mother nearly hysterical on the phone saying my father was ill and they were coming back to Denver a month early. Then she quieted, muttered a feeble, "heh heh heh," and said exuberantly, "APRIL FOOLS!"

It's not nice to do these kind of things. I mean a month early? I nearly had a heart attak. I would have had to drop out of school and move to Kyrgyzstan. I can't deal with them for a whole extra month. The deal was they would be in Arizona for at least 6 months of the year, and I would housesit in Denver while they were gone and limit my global meandering to areas of the world not actively overthrowing their governments. It's beautiful in it's simplicity. It shouldn't be fucked with...

*Sigh*

2 Comments:

At April 01, 2005 2:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would not deign to fool you. Patently, I don't think that I could. On that note, I think I'm pregnant and you're the mother.

 
At April 01, 2005 2:25 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I insist that the child be named Adirondak the Trifle. Beyond that, do what you like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home