Thursday, June 09, 2005

Look! It's A New Poll!

So, yet again I'm contemplating my future life. China seems like the place to be in the coming years. Especially Beijing since they'll be having the Olympics there in 2008 (which means tons of new hotels are being built and they like hiring white people with a good grasp of English). But I still have Central Asian and Russian desires... *Sigh*

I was talking to this kid named Alexander in my English class who is Russian. He think it is very silly that I would want to go to any of those places. I think he's silly for wanting to be here. But hey, who am I to judge?

He lives across the hall from me. And apparently I'm one of the only people whose English he can really understand. But I think that might be a line, like when Italians say, "Oh, you speak Italian so well. You hardly have an accent. Wanna screw*?" Little does he know that he is much too young (the boy is only 21). At least he can drink though. And he is kinda cute.

Hopefully I won't get bored. When I get bored, I get in trouble. And my roommate is out of town until Tuesday...

*For some reason this works very well on me except when it comes from smelly people named Alessandro

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2005 5:39 PM, Blogger junebee said...

If you decide to go to China, read "Coming Home Crazy: An Alphabet of China Essays" by Bill Holm before you go.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-7605627-4732059

 
At June 14, 2005 12:06 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I'll have to look into getting that book. It sounds interesting from the review on Amazon.

What's your opinion on life (expat or otherwise) in China? I've heard so many different things from bunches of perspectives, but I don't think I've talked to anyone married to a Chinese person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home