Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Things I Do Not Understand

1. Why my house insists on being the wrong the temperature. When it is snowing outside, my thermostat decides to sets itself to be 60 degrees (F), and when it is sunny and hot outside it resets itself to be 80 degrees (F). I suspect my father had something to do with this confusion, but he denies it.

2. Why punk bands have to remake songs that I grew up loving but now hate because the new obnoxious version is stuck in my head (case in point "Under Pressure" originally of the Queen variety but now insanely horrible).

3. Why my economics professors insists on making us read the text book by assigning pages and pages of review and summary questions* which doesn't actually lead to any of us learning anything because it just confuses the dunces among us even more.

4. Why my university enforces its Draconian attendance policy. Don't they understand that morale would improve by at least 692% if we were allowed to miss more than 2 classes per trimester?

There are still other things that I do not understand, but unfortunately I now have to go to class. Because I can't miss any more without getting dropped.

*I suppose I should add that I don't actually do the assignments, or read the book but I do have to sit there blankly staring for the hour and half we spend going over the answers every class period

3 Comments:

At October 11, 2005 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Answers:
#1. All houses now have artificial intelligence. That is the good news. The bad news is, they are pissed cuz we go to the bathroom inside them. Wouldn't you be if a bunch of little things lived inside you and constantly took dumps? Thus, they get small revenges.

#2. Because bands today have no intelligence to write their own songs, nor do they have the talent to come up with new harmonies/melodies.

#3. Because, like all of us profs, we like to torture students and make them cry.

#4. I actually once wrote a reply to this question in the student newspaper. Something about how it wastes our time and isn't fair to the other students if people are allowed to skip alot and aren't punished for it.

Now, go put on a clean set of undies and go do your homework.

 
At October 24, 2005 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Post Something, you silly wench!!!!

 
At October 31, 2005 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attendance in any college or university is mostly bullshit. As long as you kick ass on the exams no matter what they throw at you, you should never have to attend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home