Monday, September 26, 2005

Brain Function Low

I thought of something important and interesting to say. But I promptly forgot it. So the world shall now be deprived. It could have been THE answer. Like 42. But now we'll never know.

All I can think of now is that my toes are cold.

And my personality has changed. For most of my life, when given the Meyers-Briggs personality test I have been securely in the INFP range. Now, my world is rocking and shattering as we speak. I have become an INFJ.

Happily, I don't think there is any chance I will EVER become and extrovert.

This all makes the career management people at my university twitter nervously because hospitality people are supposed to be extroverts. How will I ever get a job in a hotel if I have never had the desire to join a sorority? How can I possibly hope to survive the Front Desk Experience if I don't find large groups of people remotely stimulating?

"Eh..." I say to them and roll my eyes. Why is introversion seen as such a bad thing? We're (generally) much less high maintenance than those loud talkative types. And we think about what we say and do before we do it.

I suppose it's a majority/minority thing. Kind of like left-handedness. Like Righties*, most people on the planet are extroverts and seem to be threatened by those miscreants who prefer to use their left hands and tend towards a quieter disposition.

Hmph. The nerve. I think I'll go cry in the corner for a while.

I can think of nothing else to type at the moment. Hopefully now MikeyPants will stop harassing me to post. ;0P

*I was born left-handed but my mother was horrified by the prospect of raising a left-handed child so I was forced to switch

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're back!! (HUGS) I thought maybe you fell off a prick and hurt your girl parts.

My dad is left handed, and his mom was left handed but forced to write right handed and ended up ambidextrious and pure evil.

Introverts rule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home