Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Doh!

I had to buy my lunch at school today (this is because I haven't gone grocery shopping since Januray 1st and I've run out of just about everything that doesn't involve sardines). Just standing in line was a lesson in why I am happy to no longer be 18 and/or a freshman. I had to listen to these two empty headed twits have an in-depth conversation about the perils of dating virgin boys. And how it can come back to bite you if you dump your highschool sweetheart on prom night*.

Then I had to pay $9 for a sandwich and a drink. The sandwich sounded good on paper. Turkey with havarti and cucumber. What they forgot to mention was the over toasted piece of bread stuck between the cucumber layer and the turkey and cheese layer. I understand that some people find the bread-in-the-middle-of-the-sandwich thing logical or even tasty**, but surely someone should have thought better of toasting that piece of bread into a hardended, carbonized torture device. Sadly, I now have juicy tendrils of mouth beef hanging down and tormenting my tongue because of some toaster's oversight.

After I stopped the bleeding, I thought perhaps the cookie would make life better. But no, someone had to go and make a mockery of a perfectly good oatmeal raisin cookie by adding toasted coconut. Who does that? And why? For the love of all things good and tasty, why?

To wash all of this misery down, I had gotten what was labeled as a "Vanilla Chai." Granted I should have read the label better, but it was still a nasty shock to discover, while swallowing, that my vanilla chai was full of soy. I'm still shuddering at the memory.

All in all I have to lunch was not a success. I think this means I need to go grocery shopping.

*It's all okay now though because this time she's really over him

**I am not one of those people

2 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, the evils of campus food areas. You should have broken in to those two girls with "Virgin boys are more grateful!"

If things work happy, I'll come visit you and we can feed freshmen girls to the fundies!! And the fundies to bears!!!

 
At February 08, 2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Post something new, silly wench!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home