Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Is It Really Too Much To Ask?

It appears that my school detests the idea of letting it's dorm residents have consistent water temperature and pressure in the showers. My shower this evening was oddly similar to what I imagine* it would be like to be pissed on by a feverish old woman. The only thing it succeeded in doing was making me cold and wet (albeit with spots of blistering heat). Last night's shower acheived roughly the same thing (just without the spots of warmth), except in the opposite way; there was water pressure, but the temperature left me wishing for thermal underwear, hot cocoa, and a fireplace (all things I should not be hoping for in June in the northern hemisphere).

Anyway, I must now go write a paper commenting on the horrendous things Americans do to the Italian language**.

*I don't normally imagine such things, but I was trying to come up with an appropriate metaphor

**If I ever catch any of you pronouncing "penne" like "penny" you will be smacked

8 Comments:

At June 22, 2005 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Buena Serra

 
At June 22, 2005 8:33 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Hey now, no Spanish on my blog.

 
At June 22, 2005 9:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was supposed to be Italian. I don't speak Italian. Or Spanish. Or German. Or French. Or even Haitian. Or, sometimes, English.

 
At June 22, 2005 9:39 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Don't they speak French in Haiti?

 
At June 22, 2005 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, my building had a major problem with its showers. the hot and cold water didn't mix properly and there were parts of the stream that were too hot and parts that were too cold. taking a shower was like having the flu

The rat bastards ought to all be killed.

 
At June 22, 2005 11:19 PM, Blogger Cooper said...

I hope they fix it as it can makefor a miserable summer.
In NY it was just little dribbles in brown water, if it was indeed water.

 
At June 23, 2005 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know of things (not water) that dribble brownly.

 
At June 23, 2005 7:31 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Happily, tonight the shower was perfect. So I stayed in entirely too long, probably ruining it for the next poor sod who decided to take a shower. Oh well, that's life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home