Friday, June 10, 2005

Why I Shouldn't Listen To German Techno Before Sleeping

I've noticed a disturbing pattern. When I listen to E Nomine before I go to sleep, I am plagued by very strange dreams. The first occurred several weeks ago. I dreamt I had seduced Tim Allen (yes, Tim the ToolMan). In an antiques store, no less. The manager had gone away for lunch, so we were going to have a go on one of the antique sofas. The problem was, there was a coffee shop next door and large windows, so all of these people had their faces pressed up against the glass watching us. We couldn't find a place where they didn't have a good view. We were about to give up and just do it anyway with everyone watching, but then the manager came back and opened the store. And I woke up.

Then yesterday I listened all evening again. My dreams throughout the night involved complicated and incredibly strange sexual scenarios. There was one that involved being on a military plane that was dropping bombs, but also happened to be on fire and was about to blow up, so the pilot and I decided to have a go. And then we blew up and were ghosts. He said, "I think it's kinda shallow, but the last thing I thought before I died was, 'I wonder what people will remember me for?'" And I said, "Probably for being a good fuck. Anyway, at least now we can sneak into the CIA without being detected." Because apparently even in death I am very shallow.

There was another that involved the fate of the world resting on whether or Andy (I guy I used to know who is very happily married) and I had sex. It was a complicated dream-logic kind of scenario. He didn't want to cheat on his wife, I didn't want him to cheat on his wife, but if we didn't make that happen, like I said, the world was going to end. We couldn't make ourselves do it, so alarms started going off, things started blowing up. For some reason I was concerned about the mess I was making as everything was going insane (it made sense at the time). And then we discovered that in a fit of jealousy, "the Australian*" had betrayed us all and set the preceding events in motion. And then people in my hallway started yelling so I woke up.

Ordinarily my dreams aren't nearly so exciting. And they don't usually involve sex. Normally I dream about fairly mundane things like yelling at my parents (I only yell at them in real life once or twice a year, so I need some sort of psychic release or my head will explode), or eating ice cream in small towns in Oklahoma while waiting for a flight to Beijing. But apparently my subconscious links dark German techno with sex and excitement. So, I don't think I shall be listening to such before sleeping anymore. It's not that I object to sex and excitement, it's more that I find it rather inconvenient to wake up with all of my sheets (including the fitted one) on the floor. And I still feel dirty about the Tim Allen dream.

*Malcolm, the guy I would have married for a European passport

6 Comments:

At June 10, 2005 10:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had hotdogs yesterday for the first time in a year, and had a sex dream last night. For some reason I was back in the college dorms, for summer classes, which had just ended, and there was a girl who I was friendly with. Then one morning, she came in wearing a t-shirt and boxer shorts, and had had a nightmare, and wanted to cuddle. So we cuddled, then she said "We shouldn't do this" and proceeded to take off her shirt and climb on top of me. Then she bacame a cop, we were in a car chase, she borrowed my gun, we caught a transvestite midget, then she died in a sledding accident because this asian girl kept undoing my snowsuit, and she was jealous. What does that mean?

 
At June 10, 2005 4:46 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

It means you have a secret desire to get buggered in a hotel room by a large German man named Klaus while listening to Swedish opera students practicing arias. Then you want to go swimming in a pool of haggas and maggots, just for shits and giggles.

I wish you luck in accomplishing all that your subsonscious desires.

 
At June 10, 2005 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just for that, I'm sending you extra cramps this month.

 
At June 10, 2005 6:36 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

Ha, too late.

 
At June 10, 2005 7:56 PM, Blogger Cooper said...

Don't feel bad I dream of doing it with John Malcovich all the time.
Now that is scary. Although, symbolically speaking ,The Toolman" might actually worse not that I think of it.

 
At June 10, 2005 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fine, extra cramps next month, and the chocolate store will be closed that week for repairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home