Sunday, May 29, 2005

A Full Bed

Last night I didn’t sleep alone. It was the first time since moving into this house in August that I didn’t sleep alone*. I had two small furry creatures with me.

No, I didn’t somehow manage to pick up two Italians, although that could have been amusing.

The furry creatures in question were my puppies. My ‘rents have gone to Vail for the weekend, so I am puppysitting.

It was discovered around 1am that despite being really sleepy**, Kinzie couldn’t handle sleeping*** outside my room on the couch with Misty. Apparently she needs people around her nearly constantly (which I thought she had grown out of). I couldn’t very well leave Misty out there all alone because that would have been rude and she would have pouted at me for days. So I ended up with both of them trying to claim the best spot on my bed****.

Anyway, the night passed mostly uneventfully. I did wake up several times to those little anxiety nightmare type things thinking I had just rolled over into dog vomit, but as it didn’t happen in reality, I’m not complaining.

I’ve also discovered that puppy paws and silk sheets don’t mix very well (much in the same way my callused and lumpy heels don’t mix with the sheets). They were quite fond of the velvet comforter though*****.

*That only applies to this house, although just barely

**She was doing that little kid, "You’ll never catch me admitting I’m tired even though I can’t keep my eyes open and I keep falling over," routine

***She had taken to intermittent howling whenever she would wake up enough to realize she was alone, which isn’t conducive to anyone else sleeping, either

****This usually ended up being where my foot or my arm wanted to be so I unwittingly kicked or smacked one of them and had to spend hours apologizing

*****Then again, who isn’t, I mean, really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home