Monday, April 04, 2005

Eh?

I was talking to my mother on the phone the other day and because I'm amused by strange things, I felt it would be entertaining to tell her that I smelled like Poup'ee . She, of course, was horrified and told me to go take a shower. So I explained that it was simply my most recent perfume acquisition and actually smells quite lovely.

I waited a few minutes, then exclaimed excitedly that I smelled like Poup'ee again (like I said, I'm amused by strange things). She was yet again horrified and told me to go take a shower. So I explained it again.

Rinse and repeat.

Because I'm an evil horrible child, I did it about 4 times. This is why I should never be left unattended with people who are in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.

Anyway, the conversation progressed and I mentioned my new moisturizer. We continued talking, and then she came out with one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard; "Be sure not to put the moisturizer on your teeth."

What do you say to that? After stammering a bit at the absurd turn the conversation had taken, I replied that really I had no intention of moisturizing my teeth. At which point she forgot that she had made the first statement and told me that I was very strange indeed for even thinking of putting moisturizer on my teeth.

At that point, I would have run away screaming, but it was raining outside and I wasn't wearing any pants. So I did the next best thing; bid her goodnight, then collapsed in a puddle of uncontrollable giggles.

4 Comments:

At April 04, 2005 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you don't moisturize your teeth, how will you keep them from drying out?

 
At April 04, 2005 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a mean, mean child. *g*

 
At April 04, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 05, 2005 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow. I wish I was a part of that story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home