Saturday, April 09, 2005

Why Am I Listening To Opera?

It's a silly and dangerous thing to half-listen to Italian opera when you are distracted by other things and some part of your brain still speaks Italian. I could swear the dude just sang, "I discovered the fruit!" and then the chorus chimed in with a frantic, "Where? Where? Where? Where?" Now it's being all musical again. I'm sure someone will scream soon. Ah, "The suspect is Tuscan." That explains everything*.

I don't even like opera. They promised Vivaldi. I demand a refund. Damn those classical radio station people. Whoever they are.

*Okay, fine the suspect's name is Tosca. It's just more fun to think that Tuscans as a whole are being mocked. Any group of people who regularly pronounce CocaCola as "Cohahola" or cioccolata calda (hot chocolate) as "cioholatahalda" deserve to be mocked.

3 Comments:

At April 09, 2005 4:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

eugh. Vivaldi is a strictly low-dosage composer. I'm not sure what my Hell would be like, but Purgatory would be Vivaldi on a constant loop.

Don't get me wrong. Hearing just one of his songs is a good experience. BUT THEY'RE ALL THE SAME

 
At April 09, 2005 5:04 PM, Blogger SuperKate said...

I've never listened to too much Vivaldi, or at least not that I was aware of. When I hear the name I always hope it will be the Four Seasons because of happy memories I associate with it. Either that or the one known on my CD as "Piccolo concerto in A minor". I think my musical Hell would involve Brabara Streisand...

 
At April 11, 2005 2:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think that my musical Hell would be a playlist of the worst songs by my favorite bands, played for all eternity. Eventually I'd forget that they had written good songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home